Next time you bring home a pineapple, keep the top and grow another
Here are the steps
- Buy a pineapple and cut off the top leaves with about one inch of fruit.
- Plant the pineapple in the grown or in a pot.
- Water the top only when the weather has been really dry, Pineapple is a bromeliad and catches water in its leaves. Too much water can rot it.
- Plant the pineapple top with enough room for it to put out branches 4 feet or so.
- First a flower will appear in the center
- Then the flower will grow to a pineapple such as you see in the store.
- Leave on the plant as long as you can, it taste better if it ripens on the vine
- It may take 12-14 months to bear and will usually bear fruit about three times so get several going at once to have pineapples all the time